HOW TO ENTER
- For each ten Landstar loads picked up and delivered during the contest period, a BCO will receive one entry into the drawing. If a BCO uses the LandstarConnect® app to update his or her status on any load, that load will count as two loads when the loads are counted to determine the number of entries earned during the contest period.
- Attend a Landstar Field Safety Meeting or participate in a Landstar Safety Thursday Conference Call, held on the third Thursday of every month.
- Attend an Appreciation Days event.
- Receive and notify Landstar of a clean Level 1 roadside inspection.
- Additional entry methods may be added from time-to-time.
- BCOs who voluntarily utilize ELDs get 5 additional entries.
The contest will run from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016, and all entries must be received by January 15, 2017. During that time, there will be four separate periods (“quarters”) for the purposes of counting loads:
- January 1, 2016 – March 31, 2016
- April 1, 2016 – June 30, 2016
- July 1, 2016 – September 30, 2016
- October 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
At the end of each of these periods, a count will be made of loads picked up and delivered during the quarter. An appropriate number of entries will be auto-generated for each BCO and the “load count” will be reset to zero to start the next quarter. There will be no contest credit or carryover for fractions of ten. For example, a BCO with fourteen loads picked up and delivered during any quarter will receive one (1) entry and will begin the next quarter at zero
To be eligible to win, a BCO must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be leased to Landstar continuously from January 1, 2016 through the date of the truck presentation in January 2017.
- The BCO must be accident-free* and claim-free** during the period January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2017.
CHOOSING THE WINNER
Prior to Landstar’s Appreciation Days, scheduled to take place in Jacksonville, Florida, January 26-27, 2017, five qualified finalists will be selected by random draw from among all entries. If necessary, the finalists will be notified in advance and transportation provided to Jacksonville where the Grand Prize winner will be selected by a final random drawing from among the finalists to take place Thursday, January 26 during Appreciation Days. Should a finalist be unable to attend, the Grand Prize winner will be chosen from among the remaining finalists in attendance.
The fair market value of the truck will be included on the winner’s IRS Form 1099. Landstar will assist the winner in determining 2017 income tax liability and will pay the net increase in 2017 income tax resulting from winning the truck, provided the winner retains title to the truck through the one-year anniversary of the truck presentation. Should the winner elect to sell or trade the truck prior to the one-year anniversary, he or she forfeits this offer. Landstar, at its sole discretion and only in writing, may waive this one-year contingency. It is assumed that the manufacturer will pay the Federal Excise Taxes and the winner will be responsible for paying state sales taxes, insurance and state titling and registration fees.
All Landstar BCOs are expected to operate safely and comply with all applicable traffic and safety laws and federal regulations.
*Accident-free means no preventable accidents from 1/1/16 through 12/31/16.
**Claim-free means no more than 2 cargo or property damage claims with an aggregate loss, collectively, of $1,000 or less from 1/1/1 through 12/31/16.
Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
Landstar reserves the right to amend these entry rules as it may deem necessary with or without notice to the participating BCOs.
Contest is not open to Landstar employees or their immediate families.
< Previous PostNext Post >